Virtual Reality: Benefits of a Virtual Conference
Many of you might be wondering why AWE decided to go digital this year. Was it simply the bottom line? It was more than that for us. We wanted to open the platform wider and let AWE Connect to reach a wider audience. Many women living in Asia might have the access to travel or the budget, but they do have a couple hours free on a weekend to sit down on their computer and watch a video.
Conferences have long been a staple of the professional calendar for many careers. We’ve loved the annual AWE conference. Now, sophisticated digital platforms are enabling virtual environments that simulate the benefits of real events, and attendees are beginning to shift to accessing subject matter experts and industry networking online.
But can the digital environment really displace brick and mortar events, where eye to eye meetings and chance connections can justify the often costly registration fees and travel costs?
Here’s some easy to see benefits for attending a virtual conference:
• No travel time.
• Dip in and out of events without being noticed.
• No flight delays, passport control or security checks.
• Easily juggle work and family demands with conference attendance.
• No packing.
• Access all conference materials and audio online for months after the event (No need to take notes!!!)
• Show your boss demonstrable cost savings immediately.
• Connect with a larger and more global audience.
• Better for the environment. No paper or air fuel spent!
• Catch up on missed events in the evening or your free time.
• Access the whole event from the comfort of your own home or office.
• Registration fees are more affordable.
• No expenditure on hotels or any other travel expenses.
Are you convinced yet?