Yoga & Meditation
There will be 3 sessions planned. Each session will last between 10-20 minutes allowing for new students to not be too daunted when they first try it. Kavitha will be explaining the poses and its significance, and taking things a little slower so that the attendees will not be overwhelmed by too many poses.
1. Be Grounded, Be Strong: Being more self-aware of their own bodies, thoughts and feelings in a positive way.
2. Connect To Your Heart: Learning to be centered.
3. Releasing Negativity Through Meditation: Giving a basic foundation to what yoga is truly about and hopefully giving them the belief to learn more about it.
2. Heart Opening
After practising Yoga for about 5 years, Kavitha ventured off to Rishikesh, India to get certified in Traditional Hatha Yoga in May 2015. She recently obtained a Level 1 50Hrs Yin Yoga certification by Sebastian Pucelle and Murielle Burellier and is certified with Yoga Alliance.
- Please consult a medical practitioner prior to starting the yoga classes, especially if you have existing medical conditions or old injuries of any kind.
- Like all other exercise classes, avoid eating a heavy meal at least 2 hours prior to class, make sure you are well hydrated before, during and after class and wear comfortable workout clothing.
- Respect your body and acknowledge your limitations. There is no need to push yourself if you are in any pain or feel light-headed. Stop immediately and rest.
- We are not liable for any injury sustained as a result of your participation in these classes.